[maemo-users] Maemopad+: Illegal Instruction

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 01:19 +0300, Kemal Hadimli wrote:
> yours is the very first report on this subject, so "it might just be you"(tm)

Well I wouldn't know how that would be possible, because mine is pretty
much not been tinkered with (i.e. installing stuff and changing
settings) since I got it. I haven't had time to do much with it.

> any other details on the error message?

Yes, actually--right before it terminates with "Illegal
Instruction" (AFAIK, this is a fatal signal--like "Segmentation
Fault"--so something is seriously wrong) it prints this:

osso_initialize() WARNING: if the system bus activated this program,
Libosso does not connect to the session bus!

I'm not sure what the proper command-line invocation for Maemo
applications is--I know it's not the usual. I ran it like this:

run-standalone.sh /var/lib/install/usr/bin/maemopadplus

It looks like a great application, by the way, I'd like to try taking
notes with it. It struck me the other day my 770 might just work
perfectly for computerized notes.

--
Andrew Barr