[maemo-users] Gainroot Access

Hi Al,

I tried following the Gainroot HOTO on the Maemo WiKi - and succeeded to
gain root access. I edited the Gainroot script like so:

#!/bin/sh -e
trap exit SIGHUP SIGINT SIGTERM
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin
#MODE=`/usr/sbin/chroot /mnt/initfs cal-tool --get-rd-mode`
#if [ x$MODE = xenabled ]
#then
#    echo "Root shell enabled"
#    /bin/sh
#else
#    echo "Enable RD mode if you want to break your device"
#fi

and copied it back, thinking now all I need is to run sudo gainroot to
become root... (as I done the first time.

Then I turned of the device and since then I cannot gainroot. It just gives
me a newline with the $ (regular user).

I tried the procedure a few times - same.

Any idea how I can gainroot again? I want to run the solution without the
editor.

Do I have to re-install the software (update)?

Thanks!
--

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746