[maemo-users] Re: New software version with VOIP built in - Soon

Igor,

I think that is one reason why the standard configuration only turns on
one radio on the device at a time, although I understand there is a
registry hack to surmount that limitation at the expense of higher
battery drain. And think of the possibilities. If you could find a way
to turn the 802.11 into Access Point mode, you could then offer
impromptu WIFI access and bridge users WIFI to the mobile provider's
EVDO broadband data service. Of course the mobile providers would not
like that and, no doubt, have prohibitions against such muxing in their
acceptable use agreements. And for this device, at least, I don't even
think they support/allow bridging a single laptop via bluetooth or WIFI,
but that may change.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International

GSEC Gold, GCWN Gold, GGSC-0100, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM

(H) 703 620 0672

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  jholmblad at aol.com