[maemo-users] Re: New software version with VOIP built in - Soon

Hi,
On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 13:02 -0500, ext John B. Holmblad wrote:
> Igor,
>
> I think that is one reason why the standard configuration only turns
> on one radio on the device at a time, although I understand there is a
> registry hack to surmount that limitation at the expense of higher
> battery drain.
The antenna is shared and wlan can disrupt bt communications.
In fact on Communicator phones, for example, you get a warning if you
try to use a voip application over wlan with a bt headset.

>  And think of the possibilities. If you could find a way to turn the
> 802.11 into Access Point mode, you could then offer impromptu WIFI
> access and bridge users WIFI to the mobile provider's EVDO broadband
> data service. Of course the mobile providers would not like that and,
> no doubt, have prohibitions against such muxing in their acceptable
> use agreements. And for this device, at least, I don't even think they
> support/allow bridging a single laptop via bluetooth or WIFI, but that
> may change.
Legal reasons apart, there are also technical issues that need to be
taken into account.

--

Igor Stoppa, Nokia M / Tampere Finland