[maemo-users] Bluetooth connection to SonyEricsson T630

Hi Patrik,

2005/11/9, Patrik Flykt <Patrik.Flykt at nokia.com>:

>         Hi,
>
> > Mmm on my phone, the first two gprs profiles (CID 1 and 2) are locked
> > and "de facto" unusable, I can neither delete nor modify them! Could
> > it be that the N770 tries to issue an AT+CGDCONT=1,.... and the phone
> > refuses that AT command as the first profile is locked? I tried to
> > modify the phone number setting in the Connection Manager to *99***9#
>
> Ouch. It should then issue an AT+CGDCONT=9,... if the number is set to
> *99***9#. Unfortunately if the AT+CGDCONT=1,... fails, the whole
> connection fails. And that's what 770 sends at startup. I think I'll go
> and file a bug.
>
> There is a mad hack for this, though:
> - Create a new data call connection
> - set its dial-up number to *99***9#
> - go to advanced options, other tab
> - set the AT+CGDCONT=9,... at command to supplementary at commands
> - save & use but with the data call icon activated
> - naturally the connection timeout settings etc. for this hack now
>   follows 'data call' settings
>
> Currently this should work because AT commands are used for establishing
> both CD and GPRS connections. Thanx to Timo T. across the room for
> advice :-).
>

>         Patrik
>
> --
> Patrik Flykt <Patrik.Flykt at nokia.com>

I tried this very same solution 2 minutes ago and it works! You don't
even have to set the supplementary AT commands if you provide an
existing CID (= number of an existent profile on your phone) within
the phone number: the phone will automagically pick up the right
settings from the selected profile!

Thanks a lot!

Luca Donaggio