Re: Any way in LVM to deal with 512e vs 4Kn physical devices?

Roger Heflin <rogerheflin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The mount program seems to find the type of fs (from the first few
> bytes on the fs) and handle it, and if it does not mount, then adding

I'm pretty sure that has to do with libblkid and if if that's been
around for 15 years already I feel old indeed.

> You might do a "dmsetup table" and specify what the lv names is and
> maybe a ls -l /dev/mapper so we can see what the partitioned lv dm
> mapping looks like.  and a fdisk -l against the partitioned lv, and a
> ls -l /dev/<vgname>/

He posted the dm table and partition table and they looked fine.  He
also showed tune2fs showing the superblock info like nothing was wrong,
so at least the superblock appears to be in the right place.