RAID1 mirroring behavior when one disk is dead sometimes?

I created a test with 2 disks then booted without disk2 then without disk1 (each time adding a file.

Then I booted with both. The result was in kernel logs I found 'mirroring or such' and I only got contents of disk 1.

Is there any option to say if both mirrors get changed don't mount but cause an error because that might be better than

getting newly written data reset randomly ?

Did I miss an option? Would mdadm be better ?

I tried looking at archives were CPU bottleneck for raids was mentioned often and 'work being done' on it.

What's status of that or are the advices given there still valid ?

Marc Weber