Re: Possible bug with concurrent RAID syncs on the same underlying devices

David Teigland <teigland@xxxxxxxxxx> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. ápr.
12., H, 20:47):

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 02:32:52AM +0200, Péter Sárközi wrote:
> > Although this is just due to the insane amount of integrity kworker
> > processes, and the system is pretty usable, I think it would be much
> > nicer to only have 1 sync running on the same physical device at a
> > time.
>
> Create one at a time, waiting for integrity init to finish between them
> (sync_percent 100 on each integrity image you see in lvs -a.)
> I have some doubt that the end result will perform well enough given the
> way you're using the partitions.
> Dave

That's what I'm doing right now, it would just be much more convenient
to have it set up once and let it finish everything without
interaction.

This is just a home server, so performance isn't critical, but I don't
see why this would perform significantly worse then a whole-disk raid.
I'm planning to use the resulting arrays under 1 filesystem without
striping. So as long as I'm filling it up I will be hitting 1 array at
a time.

After it's filled up from the backup and I'm starting to use it as a
regular filesystem, continuous reads or writes still gonna hit 1 array
at a time most of time so it seems like the same amount of seek and/or
parity calculations as with whole disks.