Re: RAID1 mirroring behavior when one disk is dead sometimes?

Marc Weber <marco-oweber@xxxxxx> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. ápr. 13., K, 17:58):

> I created a test with 2 disks then booted without disk2 then without disk1 (each time adding a file.
>
> Then I booted with both. The result was in kernel logs I found 'mirroring or such' and I only got contents of disk 1.
>

> Is there any option to say if both mirrors get changed don't mount but cause an error because that might be better than
>
> getting newly written data reset randomly ?
>

> Did I miss an option? Would mdadm be better ?
>

> I tried looking at archives were CPU bottleneck for raids was mentioned often and 'work being done' on it.
>
> What's status of that or are the advices given there still valid ?
>

> Marc Weber

As far as I know mdadm works the same way. (At least it was working
like this when this thread happened:
https://www.spinics.net/lists/raid/msg36962.html)

You can use a similar tactic that was recommended there: Don't
assemble a degraded RAID1 array without user interaction. You can do
this by changing the activation mode to complete in lvm.conf.