Re: W83627DHG-P sensor shows a single voltage monitor for +5V and +12V on in4?

> On Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:35 AM, Jean Delvare <jdelvare@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>>  * It should be noted that it is recommended to have at least 3 voltage
> samples to facilitate an accurate computation. More importantly, the samples
> must be taken from the BIOS, whether seen from a screenshot or personally
> observed, and not from some monitoring software.
>
> Monitoring software provided by the vendor is good. What's not good is
> 3rd party software.

I don't have much experience on using vendor-provided monitoring software, so I think that can be an exception.

>>  When I was computing for the +5V scale I had a hard time collecting samples
> because the +5V monitor from the BIOS rarely fluctuated -- my PSU must be that
> stable
>
> Yeah, I had the same problem. Ironically, having a good, stable PSU
> makes the job harder. A crappy PSU oscillating between 5 different
> values in the BIOS would be much better ;-)

Almost twenty minutes into just staring at the monitor, I thought about replacing the PSU with a generic unit that I have lying around here just to get it moving. But then I had an idea that maybe I could introduce a tiny ripple if I open and close my optical drive's tray. And that did the trick and gave me a quick 5.040 reading. :-)

> Thanks for your suggestions, I have updated my guide to clarify the
> points you mentioned, hopefully it's better now.

Yes it is. It bridges the gap I encountered while following the guide, i.e. what recommended voltage to use when validating the scaling factor.