Re: W83627DHG-P sensor shows a single voltage monitor for +5V and +12V on in4?

> On Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:53 PM, Jean Delvare <jdelvare@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, this isn't correct. We stopped with this long ago. Today the file
> installed as /etc/sensors3.conf only contains statements which are
> always correct. The comment at the top of the file says exactly that:
>
> # This default configuration file only includes statements which do not
> # differ from one mainboard to the next. Only label, compute and set
> # statements for internal voltage and temperature sensors are included.
>
> If you look at the W83627DHG-P datasheet, you'll see that in2, in3, in7
> and in8 monitor the chips's own power sources (AVCC, 3VCC, 3VSB and
> Vbat in this order.) The chip can monitor only 5 external voltages,
> with Vcore always being in0 and in1, in4, in5 and in6 being the generic
> inputs which can be used to monitor any other voltage.
>
> So there's no way +5V is in3, sorry. +5V and +12V can only be amongst
> in1, in4, in5 and in6. From there it's really only a matter of finding
> the right mapping and scaling factors. Please follow my guide here to
> get this right:
>
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/VoltageLabelsAndScaling
>
> Your chip's native voltage range is 2.04 V i.e. LSB = 8 mV.
>
> --
> Jean Delvare
> Suse L3 Support
> http://jdelvare.nerim.net/wishlist.html

And
 here I thought I could finalize my configuration for this board.
Anyhow, keeping in mind that only one of in1, in4, in5, and in6 can be
used for generic inputs, here's what I have done so far for +12V
scaling, using the guide from
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/VoltageLabelsAndScaling.

I have removed my custom configuration at this point, so that I'm using the default configuration:

### unscaled sensors output:

# sensors -s
# sensors -u
w83627dhg-isa-0290
Adapter: ISA adapter
in1:
  in1_input: 0.984
  in1_min: 0.912
  in1_max: 1.440
  in1_alarm: 0.000
in4:
  in4_input: 1.656
  in4_min: 1.632
  in4_max: 1.800
  in4_alarm: 0.000
in5:
  in5_input: 1.688
  in5_min: 2.040
  in5_max: 2.040
  in5_alarm: 1.000
in6:
  in6_input: 1.896
  in6_min: 1.800
  in6_max: 1.904
  in6_alarm: 0.000

### computation:

+12V samples: 12.091 (screenshot from the manual), 12.460, 12.513 (these are the only two values I have observed in the bios)

12.460 - 12.091 = 0.369
12.513 - 12.460 = 0.053

>From the above, it seems clear that 1 LSB of the ADC corresponds to 53
mV after scaling. And I know that it corresponds to 8 mV before
scaling. So I conclude that the scaling factor is 53/8. And I
validate this conclusion as:

12.460 / (53/8) = 1.880754717

which
 is close enough to in6 (1.896). To test this out, I created a test
configuration file (/etc/sensors.d/test.conf) as follows:

compute in6 @*(53/8), @/(53/8)
set in6_min 12 * 0.95
set in6_max 12 * 1.05

### scaled sensors output:

# sensors -s
# sensors -u
w83627dhg-isa-0290
Adapter: ISA adapter
Vcore:
  in0_input: 1.104
  in0_min: 1.072
  in0_max: 1.184
  in0_alarm: 0.000
in1:
  in1_input: 0.992
  in1_min: 0.912
  in1_max: 1.440
  in1_alarm: 0.000
in4:
  in4_input: 1.656
  in4_min: 1.632
  in4_max: 1.800
  in4_alarm: 0.000
in5:
  in5_input: 1.688
  in5_min: 2.040
  in5_max: 2.040
  in5_alarm: 1.000
in6:
  in6_input: 1.896
  in6_min: 1.800
  in6_max: 1.904
  in6_alarm: 0.000

Not only did in6 remained the same, but also the min and max values from my test configuration did not take effect.

Please advice on how to proceed from here.