Re: W83627DHG-P sensor shows a single voltage monitor for +5V and +12V on in4?

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 03:47:50 -0800 (PST), ianp wrote:
> And
>  here I thought I could finalize my configuration for this board.
> Anyhow, keeping in mind that only one of in1, in4, in5, and in6 can be
> used for generic inputs, here's what I have done so far for +12V
> scaling, using the guide from
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/VoltageLabelsAndScaling.
>
> I have removed my custom configuration at this point, so that I'm using the default configuration:
>
> ### unscaled sensors output:
>
> # sensors -s
> # sensors -u
> w83627dhg-isa-0290
> Adapter: ISA adapter
> in1:
>   in1_input: 0.984
>   in1_min: 0.912
>   in1_max: 1.440
>   in1_alarm: 0.000
> in4:
>   in4_input: 1.656
>   in4_min: 1.632
>   in4_max: 1.800
>   in4_alarm: 0.000
> in5:
>   in5_input: 1.688
>   in5_min: 2.040
>   in5_max: 2.040
>   in5_alarm: 1.000
> in6:
>   in6_input: 1.896
>   in6_min: 1.800
>   in6_max: 1.904
>   in6_alarm: 0.000
>
> ### computation:
>
> +12V samples: 12.091 (screenshot from the manual), 12.460, 12.513 (these are the only two values I have observed in the bios)
>
> 12.460 - 12.091 = 0.369
> 12.513 - 12.460 = 0.053
>
> From the above, it seems clear that 1 LSB of the ADC corresponds to 53
> mV after scaling. And I know that it corresponds to 8 mV before
> scaling. So I conclude that the scaling factor is 53/8. And I
> validate this conclusion as:
>
> 12.460 / (53/8) = 1.880754717
>
> which
>  is close enough to in6 (1.896). To test this out, I created a test
> configuration file (/etc/sensors.d/test.conf) as follows:
>
> compute in6 @*(53/8), @/(53/8)

It turns out that a very frequent pair of scaling resistors is 10 Ohm
and 56 Ohm, which leads to:

compute in6 @*(1+56/10), @/(1+56/10)

This maps your raw reading (1.896) to exactly 12.513 which is one of
the values you saw in the BIOS, and also maps integer register values
to 12.091 and 12.460.

> set in6_min 12 * 0.95
> set in6_max 12 * 1.05
>
> ### scaled sensors output:
>
> # sensors -s
> # sensors -u
> w83627dhg-isa-0290
> Adapter: ISA adapter
> Vcore:
>   in0_input: 1.104
>   in0_min: 1.072
>   in0_max: 1.184
>   in0_alarm: 0.000
> in1:
>   in1_input: 0.992
>   in1_min: 0.912
>   in1_max: 1.440
>   in1_alarm: 0.000
> in4:
>   in4_input: 1.656
>   in4_min: 1.632
>   in4_max: 1.800
>   in4_alarm: 0.000
> in5:
>   in5_input: 1.688
>   in5_min: 2.040
>   in5_max: 2.040
>   in5_alarm: 1.000
> in6:
>   in6_input: 1.896
>   in6_min: 1.800
>   in6_max: 1.904
>   in6_alarm: 0.000
>
> Not only did in6 remained the same, but also the min and max values from my test configuration did not take effect.
>
> Please advice on how to proceed from here.

You must have changed the wrong file, or the wrong section in the right
file. It should work.

--
Jean Delvare
Suse L3 Support