Re: help with setup / chip support

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:03:37 -0800, Kenneth Cox wrote:
> So is it just a "wait for further developments" kind of thing? Thanks for
> all your help on this. You've been excellent.

No, I'm not done with you yet :p

I think the problem here is that you ended up using the sensors-detect
script from upstream while Debian/Ubuntu normally makes integration
changes to that script. So you ran the script but it did not update the
configuration files as it should have.

Please check file /etc/modules , see if you can see the following line:

w83627ehf

If it isn't present, add it, and reboot. This is how Debian loads hwmon
drivers and I presume Ubuntu does the same.

As root, you can also load the w83627ehf driver manually:

# modprobe w83627ehf

and see if the NCT6776F shows in the output of "sensors" then.

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html