Re: extreme fan rpms with atk0110

Hi Anders,

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 23:36:32 +0100, Anders Kullenberg wrote:
> [...]

Boot parameters typed on the grub command line are only for the current
boot. If you want them to be permanent, you have to edit the grub
configuration files instead.

> jumped up to ~3000 rpm's. I went back to using the atk0110 again.
> I have computed the CPU fan with @/32,32*@ and the chassis fan with @/8,8*@,
> seams to give relatively correct figures. Tried using the set fanN_div
> statement to get correct min values but I get an error when running sensors
> afterwards. Any recommendations on that?

The asus_atk0110 driver doesn't support changing the divisor values,
because the ACPI interface implemented by the BIOS doesn't expose these
settings. So the error you hit is expected.

Please provide the output of the following command:
# isadump 0xd05 0xd06

This will show the IT8712F hardware monitoring registers, and in
particular register 0x0c which contains the 8/16-bit fan configuration
bits. Luca says that the ATK0110 code expects them to be set to 8-bit.

Additionally, I would like to know the exact revision of your IT8712F
chip. The it87 driver logged the information when you loaded it, so you
may be able to find the information in your logs. If not, the following
dump will tell:
# isadump -k 0x87,0x01,0x55,0x55 0x2e 0x2f 4

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html