Re: extreme fan rpms with atk0110

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Luca Tettamanti <kronos.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Anders Kullenberg <akullen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have attached what I think is the DSDT, used this method:"sudo cat
>> /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > /tmp/DSDT" is that correct?
>
> Yes, that's correct. I'll take a look tomorrow.

I don't see anything suspicious in the ACPI code, but the relevant
method (HWF1) scales the value read from the sensor using the divider
(also read from the monitoring chip) and a built-in table.
Can you identify the chip using sensors-detect?
If possible load the native driver (blacklist asus_atk0110 and boot
with acpi_enforce_resources=lax) and compare the fan readings.

Luca