Re: aftermarket PCI or ISA monitoring board?

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:48:02 -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Thank you all for the suggestions.  I'm out of my element here, as I don't
> participate in this sector of the computer/electronics marketplace.  Is there an
> online retailer or wholesaler where I can actually add one of these devices to a
> cart, and check out?  Or at least see descriptions and pricing info without
> having to speak to a sales rep, lying to him or her, just to minimize my price
> on what is really a one time purchase?  Do any of them in the U.S. regularly
> sell in single quantities, with little or no salesperson hassles?

I don't know, sorry, I'm not much in this sector either. The few sample
chips I have here, were sent to me for free by the manufacturers, but
that was generally in exchange of me writing or fixing Linux support
for the chip in question. I don't know where you can buy them...
electronics shop maybe?

In France, I see that Conrad sells some thermal sensors, Dallas DS1620,
DS1621, DS1820 and DS1821, but that's about it. Very limited choice :(

--
Jean Delvare