Re: Upgraded my old Debian box's Kernel from 2.6.30 to 2.6.32, and missing datas in lm_sensors.

> > Thanks Luca. I assume it is safe to use for my motherboard to see other
> > datas like voltages?
>
> Not 100%, there's still a race window. But it's pretty small.

What do you mean by race window? I am not familiar with this
term/phrase.

> > Are there be any future plans to show voltages and other datas without
> > the old method ("acpi_enforce_resources=lax")?
>
> We can't do much... the IO ports used by the monitoring chip are
> claimed by ACPI (supplied by the board vendor), so technically it's
> wrong for another driver to poke it. Asus provides an interface for
> reading the sensors in safe way, MSI does not...

So no one was able to hack MSI hardwares even after a few years? And MSI
never released their datas? Is that why?
--
Quote of the Week: "This isn't a war. It never was a war, any more than
there's war between man and ants." --artilleryman from H.G. Wells' The
| |o   o| |                Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ant@xxxxxxxxxx
    ( )