Re: Upgraded my old Debian box's Kernel from 2.6.30 to 2.6.32, and missing datas in lm_sensors.

(don't strip the CC list)

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:10 PM, Phillip Pi <ant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Nothing interesting in the DSDT; the hwmon chip is used only for
>> > reading a temperature (TZ).
>> > I think you can use "acpi_enforce_resources=lax", there not other ways
>> > to access the sensor data.
>
> Thanks Luca. I assume it is safe to use for my motherboard to see other
> datas like voltages?

Not 100%, there's still a race window. But it's pretty small.

> Are there be any future plans to show voltages and other datas without
> the old method ("acpi_enforce_resources=lax")?

We can't do much... the IO ports used by the monitoring chip are
claimed by ACPI (supplied by the board vendor), so technically it's
wrong for another driver to poke it. Asus provides an interface for
reading the sensors in safe way, MSI does not...

Luca