lm-sensors 3.0.0-rc1 has been released!

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:27:29 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Jean Delvare wrote:

>>> Ah right, I tend to forget that >> is nothing more than a division ;)
>>> But... still, I think I'd feel more confident if we used hexadecimal.
>> Ok, changed to hexadecimal
>
> OK, thanks. Additionally, don't you think you should document it in
> libsensors.3? I guess that this is what application authors are
> reading, rather than sensors.h itself.

I understand your pov, but I would rather not, it is better to have no
documentation then to have incomplete / out of date documentation IMHO. I think
it is best not to document this unless we also plan on keeping an complete list
of which API additions where done between bumps of the value.

Also I don't know if I'm a typical userspace programmer, but I often look in
header files, esp. when looking for things like library version defines.

Last but not least a programmer will already need to look at the sensors.h file
for the meaning / possible values of sensors_subfeature_type for example.

Regards,

Hans