Second request to support the 'Analog Devices ADT7476'

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> I thought of that at first (more experienced people
> claim it's basically a grandson of the lm85), but

If it is a grandson of the lm85, I can help you.  But we *need* the spec
sheet, lm85 and look-alikes are very complex chips, you have to read the
entire datasheet to not hit gotchas.

> unfortunately this particular machine is a test machine
> at my company, and there's actually people working
> on it. So I can't start modprobe'ing some random code

*If* the chip looks very much like an lm85 or an ATDT7463, *and* you get us
a full datasheet, we can try to do a spec-sheet-based change to lm85 and
carefully review it before you try.  At least it shouldn't oops the kernel
:-) and chances are it will actually work fine.

  Henrique Holschuh