lm_sensors and nvidia graphic card temperature monitoring

Hi Jean,

> > kernel: nvidiafb: cannot request PCI regions

> Look for a conflicting device in /proc/iomem.

Thanks! Now nvidiafb loads without trouble, but I didn't do anything.
Perhaps it has something to do with switching to nvidia's binary-only
geforce driver, or updating the mobo bios to latest. No additional
anything though from either sensors-detect or i2cdetect -l.

For fun, I tried the rivafb module again too, it now also loads without
syslog message, but still doesn't show me any i2c anything on the
graphics card.

I conclude therefore that the card doesn't have any i2c facilities. For
anyone else trying the same, the card is a

Gigabyte GV-NX66256DP 6600 PCIE Video Card
05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600] (rev a2)
05:00.0 Class 0300: 10de:0141 (rev a2)

Thanks for all your help, it's really appreciated. And thanks for some
cool software!

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.