[GWLUG] Re: Processes causing CPU to overheat

Wayne Walker wrote:
> Are you overclocking?  If not, you should not need a better heat
> sink/fan, you probably have a bad physical mating of the heatsink to the
> CPU.  Almost all processors come with a sufficient fan/heatsink for cooling.

I might be overclocking. I have a DFI nF3 250Gb MoBo running at 2.4 GHz,
which the documentation says is supposed to support overclocking, but I
don't know how to tell if it is overclocking, or manage it, or turn
overclocking off.

-- Jon

Starflight Corporation    7793 Burnet Road #37, Austin, TX 78757
512/374-9585 www.the-spa.com/jon.roland/  jon.roland at the-spa.com