Processes causing CPU to overheat

Yes, I restored sensors by running sensors-detect.

I doubt things have changed that much in going to FC4. If you could provide a
2.6.5 solution I can probably use or adapt it.

I am indeed working on a script that would extract the CPU temp from the output of
the sensors command and use it as a trigger. I was just hoping someone might have
already done something like that, preferably something a little more robust, and
that I could run in background like a watch xxx script. A cron job with only a
one-minute granularity does not seem to be fast enough for this problem, because
freezeup occurs in less than a minute once the processes begin that seem to cause it.

Many of the respondents are also saying I need a better heatsink/fan. Funds for
that are low right now.

512/374-9585 www.the-spa.com/jon.roland/  jon.roland at the-spa.com