adt7463 on asus w1n laptop

The lm85 driver is the correct driver for the ADT7463.  The problem you
have is that you're using a version of lm85 that does not include the
fan speed control functionality.

The initial port of the lm85 driver to the 2.6 kernel did *not* include
the fan speed control features.  They were added later (a couple of
months ago.) with a patch.

Unfortunately, I don't have the patch handy.  It was submitted to Greg
KH for inclusion in his trees and from there should have made it's way
into the Torvalds tree.

If you search the lm_sensors archives, you should find the patch.
Alternatively, you might be able to get it from a GregKH kernel on
kernel.org.  Lastly, you might need a 2.6.10 or later kernel to get the
additional functionality.

Then the pwm1_zone settings in sensors.conf will work.  Until you
upgrade the driver, they won't.

:v)