New sensors web site (was Re: 2nd mail archive?)

(I think I'm answering mails out of order)

Axel Thimm wrote:
> OK, I can arrange for lm-sensors.org with
>
> o Web
> o Mailman
> o Wiki (which one?)
> o CVS/subversion with viewcvs (and cvsgraph for cvs)
> o Bugzilla

That's certainly a great solution set to start with.

BTW- I'm assuming I can get some shell access to play with support
scripts, database stuff, and such as needed?

> Migration of the list: Who has a complete archive? A modern approach
> in naming/segmenting lists would be lm-sensors-users at lm-sensors.org
> and lm-sensors-devel at lm-sensors.org. Is that in order?

We talked about splitting the list out not too long in the past, but it
was decided then that we didn't have enough traffic to really make it
benefitial.  I don't know if everyone is still thinking that this is
true, though.

> Migration CVS to subversion would be quite easy (I need a copy of the
> CVS repo). It is mainly up to the current developers, whether they'd
> like to change the versioning system.

OK.  I can provide you with tarballs directly from the CVS server, as
you need them.

> Migration of the ticket system to Bugzilla may be more
> cumbersome. Someone with good bugzilla database knowledge would have
> to check the current ticketing system and migrate it.

I can definitely help tackle this.  I spend a lot of time at my job
pushing data between database backends and such.

> [...]
> Who wants to become
> o list admin
> o bugzilla admin
> o wiki admin
>
> Phil, I'm sure some of these tasks are reserved for you :)

Sigh... yeah. :')

I'm not sure yet if everyone is sold on the solution set yet.  It's an
important change that I'd like to make sure everyone is comfortable with
before we invest too much time on.

Phil