New sensors web site (was Re: 2nd mail archive?)

> > Sure, and if possible something a little bit more user-friendly than what
> > we had. Being able to download any revision of any file and getting
> > diffs between revisions are missing at the moment.
>
> I like things that allow for quick selection of revs, forks, and
> releases.  And, then lets you download everything in a tarball.  The
> current CVSweb does this:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/projects/cvsweb/
>
> But, I think there was something a little slicker out there that I used
> at one point, but I forgot what it was and can't find an example of it
> right now...

Viewcvs?

(e.g. http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/)

Seems to support Subversion as well.

> > >- Support/ticket system
> >
> > Again, something more user-friendly than what we have ATM would be
> > welcome. Original posters need to be able to add info to their ticket,
> > or the system is next to useless. Bugzilla? Or something else?
> >

> Yeah, I'd suggest something simple to use.  I've always found Bugzilla
> to be a bit overly confusing and complex for anything but huge projects
> (like Mozilla).  Searching in it is especially cumbersome, I think.

That's true but OTOH people are used to bugzilla because several major
projects use it (linux kernel, mozilla, xmms and more). I think it can
be configured and maybe the overkill features can be disabled in our
case. It's certainly worth giving it a try. If someone can think of
something as efficient but lighter, I'm listening.

Oh, I would consider it a GREAT benefit if it were possible to import our
existing 2500 tickets in the new support system and keep the numbering
intact.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare