New sensors web site (was Re: 2nd mail archive?)

Jean Delvare wrote:
> [...]
>
> Viewcvs?
>
> (e.g. http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/)
>
> Seems to support Subversion as well.

That's another option, although I couldn't see how to download tarballs.
(not critical)

>[...]Searching in it is especially cumbersome, I think.
>

> That's true but OTOH people are used to bugzilla because several major
> projects use it (linux kernel, mozilla, xmms and more). I think it can
> be configured and maybe the overkill features can be disabled in our
> case. It's certainly worth giving it a try. If someone can think of
> something as efficient but lighter, I'm listening.

I'm not opposed to bugzilla if it is the best option.  Especially if we
can start with a simplified version and grow into it's more advanced
features.

Lots of interesting options on Freshmeat, but of course most solutions
are somebody's half-baked weekend project written over a weekend in Ada
for their Amiga. ;')

http://freshmeat.net/browse/846/

But, take a look at this:

http://www.edgewall.com/trac/screenshots.html

It happens to cover most of the things we were discussing, and a few
more we hadn't thought of (like project time line, changeset summary,
etc.)  A few shortfalls, but might be adaptable... just kicking around
some thoughts.

> Oh, I would consider it a GREAT benefit if it were possible to import our
> existing 2500 tickets in the new support system and keep the numbering
> intact.

Yes!  If the new system uses a SQL backend (like my favorite
PostgreSQL), then it shouldn't be too bad to figure out how to import
all the existing tickets in.

Phil