New sensors web site (was Re: 2nd mail archive?)

> We talked about splitting the list out not too long in the past, but
> it was decided then that we didn't have enough traffic to really make
> it benefitial.  I don't know if everyone is still thinking that this
> is true, though.

True, but back then, subscription was handled manually, and the list was
open to all winds. With a real, automated system things would certainly
be different. We might consider having a subscriber-only list for us
developers, and something different for user support (totally opened, or
moderated... not sure).

I believe that more usual mailing-list and tracker configurations will
let the number of reports and - hopefully - the number of contributors
and new developers to the project, increase. I'm almost certain that
some people would give up with our current setup because they wouldn't
want to ask for a manual subscription "just in case".

> I'm not sure yet if everyone is sold on the solution set yet.  It's
> an important change that I'd like to make sure everyone is comfortable
> with before we invest too much time on.

I'm fine with virtually anything that improves the current situation. I
don't have enough experience with different bug trackers, mailing-lists
etc. to really emit an enlightened opinion. Let's try things and see how
it goes! :)

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/