LM87 support in LK2.6

I already have the driver compiling clean...after spending a day with
the conversion document and the old 2.4 driver.  I have not yet tested
it since I dont have my hardware yet.  I can send you guys the driver if
you'd like to check it out and play with it.  I'm going on vacation as
well, and hope to have hardware when I get back late next week.

I've been working against the stock 2.6.4 kernel.  Moving to a newer
kernel can be done when the first port is verified.

Jeff Oliver

P.S. Can I be added to the mailing list as well?

David Goodenough wrote:

>On Thursday 01 April 2004 20:30, Jean Delvare wrote:
>

>>>I searched through the mail archives and found that the LM87 chip had
>>>no plans to convert to the 2.6 kernel at the moment.  First I wanted
>>>to get an update on that status,  and second, I'm going to be using it
>>>on a project im working on, so if there is nothing ported at the
>>>moment, I'll probably end up porting it myself.  Actually, the port is
>>>in progress, unfortunately, I don't have my hardware to test it out on
>>>yet.  The driver porting directions have been very helpful on getting
>>>started on the conversion.
>>>

>>Two other persons have deplored the lack of support of the LM87 in
>>Linux 2.6, I just invited them into this thread ;)
>>
>>I invite you to work together so as not to waste your time and instead
>>share your forces on porting the driver. I think David was wanting to
>>port the driver as well, while Chris was "only" wanting to test it once
>>done.
>>
>>If you have questions while porting the driver, just ask on this list.
>>
>>Once the port is considered ready, post it here in the form of a patch
>>against the latest -mm kernel, and we (most likely I) will review it.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>I am going to do some work on this next week (I am going skiing, and I will
>do this in the evening).  I hope to come back with something that at least
>compiles cleanly.  I will not have the kit to test with me on the trip, but I
>will start testing when I get back.  I have no idea now well connected I
>will be next week, so if I hit a problem it may have to wait until I return.
>
>I am working against a Debianised 2.6.4 kernel in the first instance,
>I will move to a later one when I have done the basic conversion.
>
>David
>
>BTW, I am still only getting mail that is explictly addressed to me, not mail
>that is for the list in general

Disclaimer: The information contained in this transmission, including any
attachments, may contain confidential information of Matsushita Avionics
Systems Corporation.  This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) listed above.  Unauthorized review, dissemination or other use
of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error or have reason to believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please notify the sender by return
email and promptly delete the transmission