Fujitsu Siemens sensor HERMES

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

> Jean Delvare wrote:
>

>>> Concerning alarms: what do you mean by comparator mode?
>>

>> Some chipsets can be configured in different modes. Interrupt mode means
>> that alarms don't wear off automatically as the cause of the alarm
>> disappears. Comparator means that it does. I'm not too comfortable with
>> changing modes, since hardware may be wired so as to work in one mode
>> and not in the other. So I would leave things as they are.
>

> HERMES doesn't allow changing this behaviour (at least it is not
> documented). So, from the above, I'd say that HERMES is using interrupt
> mode.

I think Jean has the descriptions backwards, at least as Winbond has documented it,
and we copied that terminology into the documents doc/developers/proc in our package,
and i2c/sysfs-interface in the 2.6 kernel.
The lm_sensors standard is that alarms are persistent ("don't wear off automatically")
which Winbond calls "comparator".

Drivers should configure the hardware for that mode (whatever it's called).

mds