interface to kernels 2.6.x for gkrellm?

On Monday 08 December 2003 16:58, Jean Delvare wrote:
>> I have NDI if gkrellm uses lm_sensors, or if its standalone coded,
>> but I sure could use some pointers.  I went to the web page where
>> I saw the announcement that the CVS now had support for 2.6, but
>> when browsing the downloads page the CVS data denies it.
>> Confusing...
>
>NDI=?
=No Damned Idea :-)

>The documentation was updated today.
>
>Gkrellm does use the lm_sensors drivers, but it doesn't seem to use
> the libsensors library under Linux 2.6.0-testX. (Not tried myself,
> but I think I remember users reported it.)
>
>> When do we get a source tarball thats ready for the stuff thats
>> already in 2.6?
>
>CVS is ready. If yon can't/don't want to get CVS, wait for the 2.8.2
>release (shouldn't take too much time).

Good.  I'll reboot to 2.4.23-pre8 occasionally to track it in the
meantime.

>> My wife smokes, and its the nicotene
>> tar that makes the glue that really holds that stuff in like it
>> was flypaper.  Even $50 all copper coolers cannot cope with that!
>
>Change wifes :p

It takes more than that for me to toss an otherwise good woman.  OTOH,
at my age (69) I don't imagine I'd go looking for another either.
I've had this one now for going on 15 years & figure I might as well
ride it out till the end of one of us.

>Oh, BTW, your signature is pitiful. Am I the first one to tell you?

Ah, very nearly the first.  I have had some question the advice to the
yahoo legal dept, but thats about the extent of it.  I've been doing
seti for 5+ years.  But its about done, another few months maybe.
The yahoo thing came about when one of my messages was echo'd back to
me and I found a copyright notice on it giving yahoo full rights to
the contents to do with as they saw fit.  I checked the yahoo TOS and
damned if they weren't claiming that they owned everything that
passed through their servers.  So I beat them to it with a prior
claim, valid even if I'm doing a rain dance or ???

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M