Re: Live patching MC at LPC2019?

On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 10:23:41PM +0100, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> people are already starting to tentatively talk about what might be
> happening at LPC2019, and so should we, I'd say.
>
> The primary question is -- should we eventually submit a livepatching
> miniconf proposal again? Did the format last year in Vancouver work for
> everybody? Was it too long/too short? Should we change the way how we
> accept/schedule proposals (in case it's happening at all)? Any other
> comments/ideas?

Sounds good to me.  I plan to be there.

It would be good to revisit some of last year's big topics: source-based
patch generation, user space patching, arch support.

I agree with Joe's suggestion that slides are submitted beforehand.  In
addition to reducing laptop swapping, it would also help us prepare more
for the discussions if the slides were available at least a few days in
advance.  Instead of 0-1 slides, I'd propose 1-2 slides.  I'm kind of
slow and prefer to have something to read anyway :-)

I liked the format and the length (though we ended up extending it by 15
minutes, IIRC).

--
Josh

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]