Re: xfsprogs process question

On 3/12/20 9:32 AM, Eric Sandeen wrote:
On 3/12/20 11:17 AM, Allison Collins wrote:
I've often wondered how one person manages to keep up with that!  :-)

It seems that the answer is "badly" ;)

(TBH Darrick is a huge help here, in the long run.)

-Eric

:-) Wouldnt it make it easier though if people pushed a corresponding "xfsprogs: set name" that's already been applied/compiled and (hopefully) tested? That way when the user space side needs updating, patches can just be applied without one person having to work through all the ports? And then people could sort of cherry pick what they need off the list while the user space side is still between cycles. I realize this would generate a lot more traffic on the mailing list, but it seems like a reasonable way that people could help address this bottle neck.

I think I must have redone the userspace side of the delayed attr series over a dozen times, and there's a few patches that are not perfect mirrors of their kernel space counter parts. Because some changes affect code not present in the kernel space side, now all that needs updating too for the set as a whole to really work. It kinda seems like submitting just the kernel space side is still only half the set. Not sure how many other people run into that, but I suspect I'm likely not the first?

Allison