Re: What is SAM value? "ieee802154 phy0 wpan0: SAM value 0x3 not supported"

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 07:43:13PM +0200, Baptiste Clenet wrote:

> > ah, sorry I misunderstood you. So you have capture the raw data for
> > transmit and receiving and it differs. Then I have still no idea what's
> > wrong on your side. :-)
> >
> > - Alex
>
> Yes it's what I did :-)
> But you gave me an idea by saying that I should send only 0xabcd and
> see if I receive the same. Which is the easiest way to send 0xabcd as
> a raw value? at86rf230_xmit requires struct ieee802154_hw *hw, struct
> sk_buff *skb and at86rf230_xmit_start a void *context. Why don't we
> have a simple at86rf230_send_raw_data :-)

Your use case smells like a 802.15.4 raw socket for the raw data from
userspace. But I would send only "0xabcd" this is an invalid 802.15.4
frame and will be filtered. Simple use some data like 6LoWPAN maybe your
issue occurs on high payload only. This would clarify why your
transceiver is right detected and such things (reading/writing
registers).

- Alex