Re: What is SAM value? "ieee802154 phy0 wpan0: SAM value 0x3 not supported"

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 02:29:09PM +0200, Baptiste Clenet wrote:

> >> I don't think I've got it, you want me to set up a network of 3 nodes with:
> >> 1            2             3
> >> sender   receiver    receiver
> >> wpan0    wpan0      monitor0
> >>
> >> But I will see exactly the same things as earlier.
> >
> > You can save the dump (e.g. tshark I think with -w $FILE) somewhere or
> > doing pipe via ssh, refer [0].
> OpenWRT doesn't provide tshark.
> I could use tcpdump instead but there is something I still don't get,
> sorry. How can I sniff a packet I send? (Sniffing on the sender). If I
> well-understand, to sniff I need to use monitor0 interface but when I
> use it I can't use lowpan0 so I can't send ICMP packet and I can't
> sniff.

This is correct. The transceiver goes into promiscuous mode and in
short: you cannot operate as node in the same time then.

Then forget that and make some at86rf230 driver debug messages. See
"print_hex_dump" [0]. Add this add skb->data in at86rf230_xmit and
at86rf230_rx_read_frame_complete (but after the skb is filled with data,
otherwise it makes no sense).

This will allow us to see what's the lowest layer is. If the transmit
side looks correct, but receive side looks weird then I suppose
something is wrong again with your spi setup.

The reason is that we get the lowest dump of the transmitted and
received buffer and nobody touched that buffer then.

> > I don't know what "But I will see exactly the same things as earlier"
> it means that the receiver will receive the same things as earlier and
> I have already given to you the details about the message that
> Wireshark gave me (which comes from the receiver).

Now with these sentence it looks like what I said above. The transmit
buffer looks correct, but the receive buffer looks completely different.

You cannot debug in upper layers and then say "It's the same whats was
on the air". Please confirm this by debugging the driver layer and
dumping the frame buffer on receiving and transmitting, which is the
lowest layer which we can debug. (Maybe we should add some debug switch
for that in at86rf230 driver).

If transmit looks correct and the receiving buffer looks completely
different than what was transmitted before. Then this is not an issue
with mac802154/6LoWPAN stack. Something is broken then with spi/cable
connectors/whatever I don't know.

- Alex

[0] http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/include/linux/printk.h#L429