Search Linux Wireless

Re: Atheros AR3012 problem in Ubuntu 12.04LTS

Hi,

Exactly the sane problem on Acer machine is described here. It includes
workaround also. The root cause is the same which we figured "New
atheros AR3012`s id is not included in ath3k bluetooth kernel module"

http://www.linlap.com/acer_aspire_s3

*************************************
Bluetooth
The bluetooth module is the new Atheros AR3012, which requires loading a
firmware before it can be used. For now, patching the kernel is required
to recognize this module as AR3012 one.

The patch, and it's upstream progress, can be seen here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.kernel/18801

New atheros AR3012`s id is not included in ath3k bluetooth kernel
module, you can compile your own kernel using this:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/4/69

More info:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1867447&highlight=zenbook

--