Search Linux Wireless

Re: Atheros AR3012 problem in Ubuntu 12.04LTS

Moro,

Jukka Kivari <jukka.kivari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We have found out the Device is AR3012, VID/PID 0cf3:a003. It seems Dell
> has some special driver for this in pre-installed Ubuntu
> 11.10

So the driver works with the pre-installed version?

Are the sources for this pre-installed Ubuntu publically available
somewhere or is it just a stock Ubuntu release? Being able to see kernel
sources from that release would help.

> My current analysis of the problem is:
>
> 1) BT device is recognized correctly (PID=e003)
> 2) Ubuntu 12.04 has all drivers and firmaware available

I didn't quite get this 2) part. How do you know that all drivers and
firmware are available? Earlier you mentioned about some special driver.

> 3) driver/firmaware loading fails, there is no PID e003 in btusb.c or
> ath3k.c

Have you tried to manually bind the device to those drivers? With very
good luck it might work (but I doubt it).

http://lwn.net/Articles/143397/

Also did you file a bug to Ubuntu? If the driver works in 11.10 but not
in 12.04 that's a regression.

--
Kalle Valo