Search Linux Wireless

Re: Linux 3.6.5

On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 17:07 +0000, Eddie Chapman wrote:

> >> Evidently, I don't see a country IE in the iw scan output you posted.
> >
> > Then again, what version of iw do you have? This only applies if it's
> > version 0.9.20 or higher.

> I don't see a country specified in the output I sent you either. We're
> talking about iw scan on the client right, not the AP?

Yes. The scan on the client shows the AP's information, after all.

> Over on the AP, I just looked in the web interface, and there is a drop
> down box for "Regulatory Domain", and I have it set to "United Kingdom".

Right. It just doesn't seem to tell the client for some reason.

> nc6400 ~ # iw --version
> iw version 3.3

Right, ok. That would print the country information if it was there.

> You mentioned crda, it seems gentoo has it, I can install it on the
> client if you think it will help in figuring this out?

No, I think actually *not* having it might be more helpful, although
once we have found the (different) solution(s) we'll have to make sure
we fix it in all possible places, including crda/regdb.

johannes