Search Linux Wireless

Re: Linux 3.6.5

On 06/11/12 16:57, Johannes Berg wrote:
On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 17:55 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
Hi Eddie,

In the AP's dmesg output which I included in my other message, I see this:

<6>[    9.300000] cfg80211: Regulatory domain changed to country: GB

So it seems the AP knows where it is, but is it not transmitting that to
the client?

Evidently, I don't see a country IE in the iw scan output you posted.

Then again, what version of iw do you have? This only applies if it's
version 0.9.20 or higher.

johannes

I don't see a country specified in the output I sent you either. We're talking about iw scan on the client right, not the AP?

Over on the AP, I just looked in the web interface, and there is a drop down box for "Regulatory Domain", and I have it set to "United Kingdom".

as for iw version on the client it says:

nc6400 ~ # iw --version
iw version 3.3

You mentioned crda, it seems gentoo has it, I can install it on the client if you think it will help in figuring this out?

nc6400 ~ # emerge --search crda
Searching...
[ Results for search key : crda ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  net-wireless/crda
      Latest version available: 1.1.2-r3
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of files: 21 kB
      Homepage:      http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Regulatory
      License:       as-is