Search Linux Wireless

Re: [rt2x00-users] rt2800usb stops working with big file transfers in AP and IBSS

Hi Johannes,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Johannes Stezenbach <js@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 06:24:56PM +0100, Juan Carlos Garza wrote:
>> >
>> > IIRC you did no report any newer test results after
>> > http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/pipermail/users_rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/2011-January/003070.html
>>
>> I did get once or twice a warning saying:
>> Queue 14 failed to flush, and I think it did not work afterwards...

I tried to reproduce it today (the warning) and couldn't. I think I
got that warning after loading the unpatched driver, doing a transfer
(and thus stalling it) and then loading the patched driver. So
basically we can ignore that I wrote that.

I will report anyother problems that I might find.

> With my patches applied?  That's not good.  I hope I can find some
> time next week to retest with a current wireless-testing tree.
>
>> I do not need to associate, as I use the Access Point rather than a
>> Station. Clients could associate with the access point without
>> problems. But this patch might bring more stability... can someone
>> give me the path to the experimental branch git repository?
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/ivd/rt2x00.git
>
> Please be aware that rt2800usb AP currently does not work with
> power saving stations, i.e. you have to disable power saving
> on the stations (iwconfig wlan0 power off).  Which you
> can't on some mobile devices...
>
> (And IIRC rt2800usb stations also still have issues with power saving.)
>
> I was working on a patch for AP mode but I ran out of time and got sucked
> into other projects.  There is a broken half-baked patch
> in rt2x00/experimental which needs to be reverted, please
> no not use.
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/ivd/rt2x00.git;a=commit;h=66045e31c8475f69178aea0ef650e7e087929d62
> You can find some recent discussion about it in the
> rt2x00-users archives.
>

> Johannes

Best Regards,
Juan Carlos