Search Linux Wireless

Re: [rt2x00-users] rt2800usb stops working with big file transfers in AP and IBSS

Hi Juan Carlos,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 04:23:15PM +0100, Juan Carlos Garza wrote:
> I applied the patches (manually), and tested the stick.
>
> The transfer of big loads now is successful. The
> "rt2800_txdone_entry_check:" warnings are still there, but they are
> less frequent (just like in the example i gave you with the laptop
> where it succeeded with the unpatched driver), some 5 warnings every
> 1, 2 or 3 seconds.

Thanks for testing!  The occational "tx status missed" is unavoidable
due to hardware limitations.  My patches reduce the number of them,
but more importantly they fix a few issues with TX (status) timeout handling.
(IIRC false positives in TX timeout check, and fluash would wait for
TX queue empty which would never happen without the timer to reap
the status queue.)

I tested a lot with these patches and they work stable for me, however I
must admit I'm not sure why they help in your case (i.e. why does
bulk transfer stall without these patches?).

Johannes