Search Linux Wireless

Re: MAINTAINERS: rtl8187 wireless driver

Hin-Tak Leung <htl10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tuesday, 1 August 2023 at 18:05:08 BST, Larry Finger <larry.finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
>> > In the git history the last activity from Herton is from 2010 so I think
>> > we should remove him.
>>.>
>> > Is Hin-Tak still active? The last activity is from 2020.
>> >
>> > Also the git tree is outdated so that should be removed.
>
>> Kalle,
>
>> I removed Herton and Hin-Tak as Maintainers for rtl8187 > and updated the tree
>> entries for rtl8187 and rtl8180. Patches are submitted.
>
> I think I tried to Ack some recent changes a few months ago, but it
> didn't go through - my email server insists on sending html-enabled
> messages, which gets dropped by the kernel mailing lists. I did have
> to jump through some hoops to use git-send-email instead for important
> things.

Yeah, your reply was in HTML so our lists dropped it. I'm sorry to say
but if you are not able to send mails as text/plain you cannot continue
as a maintainer, we require that the mails are visible in the list.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches