Search Linux Wireless

Re: RTL8822BE not working after suspend

On 6/19/23 21:03, Utkarsh Verma wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted to that after a couple of weeks of testing, I still
couldn't get reliable behaviour. I installed the new Realtek drivers
with the systems loading/unloading script. Sometimes my WiFi works
after resume, sometimes it doesn't. I tried finding patterns, but
couldn't. Please let me know how we can investigate this.

Perhaps your power system is taking longer to stabilize.

You might try modifying the unloading/loading script to have something line

#!/bin/sh
if [ "${1}" == "pre" ]; then
  modprobe -rv rtw_8822be
elif [ "${1}" == "post" ]; then
  sleep 20
  modprobe -v rtw_8822be
fi

If that still does not work, I have no idea what might be causing the problem. If it does work, try halving the sleep interval from 20 sec to 10, etc until it breaks again.

Larry