Search Linux Wireless

Re: [BUG?] b43: can't connect to WPA3 network (nohwcrypt=1)

On Fri, 22 May 2020 at 22:06, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It will do supported ciphers in hardware, and unsupported using software. The
> patch tells mac80211 that we will accept the newer ciphers, then in the
> set_key() callback, we tell it whether the current type will be handled in
> hardware. Operations will be transparent. I will keep the nohwcrypt option just
> in case someone has a hardware malfunction that prohibits hardware use for all
> ciphers, but it will not be needed in cases like yours. Performance will be as
> you did earlier.

Wonderful, I didn't know mac80211 was that smart. But I have even
better news (and it would be great if someone else could verify this):
with your unconditional enablement of MFP, the CPU overhead of WPA3 is
on par with WPA2, I believe it's doing hardware crypto. And it makes
sense when you think of it, WPA3 Personal uses the same AES cypher as
WPA2, but with SAE handshake, if I'm not mistaken.

> Thanks for testing.

My pleasure!

Rui