Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwl3945 slow for downloading

Le Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:56:22 +0200,
Felix Fietkau <nbd@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Larry Finger wrote:
> > Just for comparison, my BCM4312 running b43 from the latest
> > wireless-testing gets the following tcpperf throughput:
> >
> > AP Mode          TX          RX
> >
> > Mixed b/g    19.8 MB/s   23.0 MB/s
> > g-only       20.5 MB/s   23.1 MB/s
> >
> > For these tests, the connecting end was wired to the router. The
> > difference in TX speeds was about what I expected - the small
> > difference in RX speeds was not. In any case, if you see a large
> > difference with iwl3945, that would be useful information.

> On the laptop that I mentioned, this problem was only happening
> sometimes. I did not figure out what actually triggered it.
> Most of the time the throughput was similar to what you posted here,
> but when it went down, it went down right to 100-120 KB/s

i'm happy that it happened sometimes too because i was begining to feel
crazy ;-) all the last tests seem to show an upload problem, but at the
begining, i was thinking i had a download problem (from internet), but
from yesterday, i cannot reproduce that, only upload...

> Could it be that this is triggered by the use b/g protection mode due
> to reception of foreign beacons of B devices by the AP? Has anybody
> tested RTS/CTS in detail?

for that i think it goes beyond my abilities...
i forgot to say about the AP, i think it's not g wifi, it's MIMO.
perhaps it could change something.
and for information, the second computer i use to do the tests is also
a 3945ABG intel wireless, but installed with ubuntu and iwl3945 too
(but the default installation), with a 2.6.24 kernel.
the difference with me, except the computer itself, is debian, kernel
2.6.26 compiled by myself, and before i used ipw3945, but remove it
completely
thanks
cedric