Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwl3945 slow for downloading

Cédric Auger wrote:
> hello
> i've a problem for iwl3945 and didn't find on google something about
> that. i have the kernel 2.6.26 and use the kernel's driver. when i was
> with the ipw3945, i could download with a speed of at least 600k/s, and
> sometimes more.
> it's some time i changed for iwl3945 and didn't see some difference
> exept it works better in several ways, but some times ago, i noticed
> that dowloading big images was slow.
> i checked to transfer a file between 2 computer by wifi, and the
> download is limited to about 130-140k/s. when i plug a cable, i go
> directly to 900kb/s.
I don't know if it helps with debugging this issue, but I've seen the same
on a laptop from a friend of mine (same card).

After some searching I found that setting the AP to g-only mode instead of
b+g mixed made it work at decent speeds. Another symptom of this slowdown is
that there is typically an unnaturally high number of retransmissions on the
air, which eats up a lot of airtime.

I've spent some time looking through the code to find the reason for this
but couldn't find anything yet (maybe somebody from Intel could help).

- Felix