Search Linux Wireless

Re: 802.11 pccard, Agere 0x0156,0x0003?

Holger Schurig wrote:
There is a more recent version of the Agere driver
available, which has been patched for 2.6 kernels. See
<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=304217>
It's really a low hanging fruit.  The big thing that was
missing was firmware download for Agere, but Dave implemented
that.

You mean I can convert the sta_h2.h file from the above link to some binary file and let orinoco+Dave's patches load that firmware to the card?

I'm asking this because I also have a bunch of Hermes I and Hermes II cards, which don't work with the Orinoco driver, but with the "brought somewhat up to kernel 2.6" wlags_h2_718.tgz driver from the above link. That driver works, but hurts the eyes, and now has some problems with 2.6.25, e.g. at unloading time.

The firmware download patches were written to work with Hermes I cards (to get the WPA capable firmware). IIRC, the Hermes II firmware download process is slightly different, so there'd need to be some tweaks before you could download to Hermes II cards.

Dave.