Search Linux Wireless

Re: Looking for non-NIC hardware-offload for wpa2 decrypt.

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:18:39 AM Ben Greear wrote:
> On 08/14/2014 10:09 AM, Ben Greear wrote:

> >> Maybe, that will depend on what the results for: "wpa2, *HW*-crypt,
> >> download, udp" are.
> >
> > I'll do that test sometime soon and post the results.
>
> I ran that today, and I get about the same throughput with hw-crypt or
> sw-crypt (350-355Mbps UDP download goodput).
>
> I still see 400+Mbps with Open authentication.
>
> So, maybe the bottleneck now is elsewhere...
Can you rule out that the "udp generator" (either the application
or the hardware) is now the bottleneck for this test? [Does the
datasheet mention the throughput of the hw-crypto? Or do you know
someone at QCA which can tell you if the hardware is filling up
the aggregates with additional padding to meet the MPDU start
spacing]

I'll look into the assembler implementation of aes-ccm. But I'm
afraid that this won't increase the throughput (and only decrease
the load on the CPU a bit).

Also, just for fun: what goodput can you achieve over gbit ethernet?
[Because ethernet is also affected by filtering, bridging,
pcie-throughput... if it is setup in the same way so you could
rule out that iptables, its friends or the pcie-port is a
bottleneck].

Regards
Christian