Unable to connect to CLEAR Boston under Fedora 14 i686

Well, this is probably a long shot.  I'm in Boston, too, at FreshPond
in Cambridge.  I'm working on the GENI WiMAX network  (see
http://www.geni.net/) and trying to get a pretty recent build of WiMAX
up on the net.  We have the advantage that we have a base station
and I can watch the logs as I try to connect.  I can even dig in a little
bit but we do not have source code for the BS and in any case I
don't want to "void the warranty."  I remember David Ward's last
cry for help on this list.  It happened at about the time that I was seeing
a rogue station trying to access GENI.  We control access by accepting
only certain MAC addresses and I didn't grant access to the rogue.
It seems unlikely that If David was attempting to access us at FreshPond,
from a site at Lincoln Labs, that we would hear him, but, who knows?
If you want to schedule a time when I should watch the logs, send me some
email at axm at bbn.com.  Maybe you're the rogue!

But, why I'm really writing is that with my Dell Inspiron 1012, loaded
with Ubuntu 10.10
and the current WiMAX Tools and WiMAX service daemon shows
symptoms similar to David's.  I can find the base signal with wimaxcu scan
but I don't see any sign of my mobile signal in BS logs.  How should I start
tracking this?  It seems like a config problem...as if I'm not sending on
the right frequency (which happens to be 2590MHz - well away from the local
ClearWire signals).  We have a legitimate FCC experimental license.

I also have a Sprint EVO 4G (rooted and jimmied) and a Beceem USB dongle.
Both the EVO and Beceem connect and work just fine.

Tony

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]