Trying to use multiple EchoPeak 5150 cards

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 15:11 -0700, Kyle Williams wrote:
> I got the pid files too, but didn't do the log files.  Doh, that's
> another thing to fix.

> What other XML databases does it create?

That should be it, I don't know if it creates any other transient files
-- the code base is way too complex. A way would be to monitor the
execution with

strace -o trace=open

and see which files get opened that are not elfs for writing :)

> [...]
>         control,
>         >         but the
>         >         > wimaxcu program does not allow the same type of
>         >         specification.  Is
>         >         > there some way to specify which wimaxd instance
>         the wimaxcu
>         >         program
>         >         > controls?
>         >         >
>         >         >
>         >         > The objective is to get three Echopeek 5150 cards
>         to all
>         >         work on the
>         >         > same system.
>         >         > Is this possible at this time?
>         >         > Will the wimaxcu program support this down the
>         road?
>         >
>         >
>         >         It is possible but very dirty. Unfortunately the
>         daemon
>         >         doesn't have
>         >         provisions to identify different interfaces at the
>         RPC level.
>         >
>         >         The ugly trick I use is configure three builds with
>         three
>         >         different
>         >         prefixes (to avoid the databases getting corrupted)
>         and then
>         >         modify
>         >         each's configuration file (prefix/wimax/config.xml)
>         so that
>         >         <sdkportnum>
>         >         are different.
>         >
>         >         somehting like:
>         >
>         >         tar xf wimax-1.5.tar.gz
>         >         for v in 0 1 2
>         >         do
>         >         mkdir build-wmx$v
>         >         (cd build-wmx$v && ../wimax/configure
>         --prefix=/opt/wimax/wmx
>         >         $v/
>         >         --program-suffix=-wmx$v && make install)
>         >         done
>         >
>         >         [change the port numbers
>         >         in /opt/wimax/wmx*/etc/wimax/config.xml]
>         >
>         >         I then add the /opt/wimax/wmx*/bin paths to my PATH
>         and just
>         >         have to
>         >         start
>         >
>         >         $ for v in 0 1 2; do wimaxd-wmx$v -i wmx$v -b; done
>         >
>         >         and in the command line
>         >
>         >         $ wimaxcu-wmx0 scan ..
>         >         etc
>         >
>         >         As I said, it is dirty as heck, but it does the
>         trick.
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >         Then start once instance of each daemon with -i

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]